6 hrs 20 mins
After much deliberation on the discussion boards it was decided that certain chocolate cakes were better than sex, but nothing is better than George Clooney, except for this cake! Prep time includes chilling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 425 F degrees Grease bottom of 8-inch springform pan.
- 2In medium saucepan over low heat, melt butter.
- 3Add cocoa and 1 cup sugar, stirring until well blended.
- 4Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- 5Stir in flour and vanilla.
- 6Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 7In small mixer bowl, beat egg whites with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar until soft peaks form; gradually fold into chocolate mixture.
- 8Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- 9Bake 16 to 18 minutes or until edges are firm (center will be soft).
- 10Cool completely on wire rack (cake will sink slightly in center as it cools).
- 11Remove side of pan.
- 12Refrigerate cake at least 6 hours.
- 13In small mixer bowl, beat whipping cream until soft peaks form; spread over top of cake.
- 14Cut cake while cold, but let stand at room temperature 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
- 15Garnish with chocolate curls, if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for George Clooney Cake (Chocolate)
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 417.1
- Calories from Fat 312
- Total Fat 34.7 g
- Saturated Fat 21.2 g
- Cholesterol 178.2 mg
- Sodium 41.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 21.6 g
- Protein 4.5 g