Recipe by Somogirl
Easy to make, last weeks and tastes delicious! You will find yourself putting this on almost anything once it's in your refrigerator.
Top Review by GrillrunR
Very simple to put together and tastes great. I use half brown half granulated sugar and add extra ginger for that excellent flavor I remember from the 3 years I spent in the islands.
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger, very fine
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 3 scallions, chopped fine
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix soy and sugar in small sauce pan over low heat just enough to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients.
- Let cool and store in a glass jar in refrigerator.
- A light inexpensive soy works well for this, just make sure it is real not one with caramel coloring as an ingredient. Tamari is a bit too heavy for this, though will work in a pinch.
- I use my parmesan cheese grater to grate ginger--comes out well that way.
- This is also great on noodles, tofu, vegetables, added to stir frys, besides grilled meats and burgers.