Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Easy to make, last weeks and tastes delicious! You will find yourself putting this on almost anything once it's in your refrigerator.
- Mix soy and sugar in small sauce pan over low heat just enough to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients.
- Let cool and store in a glass jar in refrigerator.
- A light inexpensive soy works well for this, just make sure it is real not one with caramel coloring as an ingredient. Tamari is a bit too heavy for this, though will work in a pinch.
- I use my parmesan cheese grater to grate ginger--comes out well that way.
- This is also great on noodles, tofu, vegetables, added to stir frys, besides grilled meats and burgers.
Very simple to put together and tastes great. I use half brown half granulated sugar and add extra ginger for that excellent flavor I remember from the 3 years I spent in the islands.
It is a great sauce but would suggest to get the low sodium soy sauce for those who cannot have salt in their diets.
Loved this sauce. I used this to marinate then brush over my chicken wings as I was baking them. Excellent!