Recipe by Debster
I love afternoon tea and sometimes enjoy a "tea" instead of eating dinner. This has been a favorite Victorian recipe for many years. The sweet and savory combination of flavors is wonderful.
- 8 thin slices whole wheat bread
- apricot jam
- 1⁄4 lb very thinly sliced smoked ham
- Dijon mustard (or try a favorite)
Directions See How It's Made
- Lay bread slices out on the counter or cutting board.
- Spread half the bread slices with a thin layer of apricot jam.
- Arrange sliced ham on top.
- Spread the other bread slices with a thin layer of Dijon mustard and set on top of the ham.
- With a serrated knife, trim the crusts.
- To serve, cut into squares, triangles, or fingers.