Recipe by Serah B.
From the Farm Animal Rights Movement's "Recipes for a Gentle Thanksgiving." www.gentlethanksgiving.org
Top Review by Michele of Eagan
I've made this gravy twice and the flavor is very nice. It is easy to put together as well. The second time I added about 1/4 cup diced celery which added even more flavor. I did find it too salty with the addition of salt because of the salt in the veggie bouillon I used (instead of stock).
- 3⁄4 cup fresh mushrooms, chopped into small pieces
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup vegan margarine
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning (try Salt Free Poultry Seasoning)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt margarine in a saucepan over medium heat. Saute mushrooms and onions lightly.
- Add flour, stirring constantly until frothy.
- While stirring, slowly add vegetable stock to achieve desired consistency.
- Add spices.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, then turn down heat and let thicken.