Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is just the recipe for the sauce. It goes great on angel hair or bowtie pasta with some toasted pine nuts added on top. I got this recipe from my dad who used to make it all the time when i was a kid & it's still a favorite.
- 5 -6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil or 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- In mortar (or small bowl) with pestle (or back of spoon), mix garlic, basil, cheese, walnuts & salt.
- Pound mixture to smooth paste.
- Gradually add oil, working mixture to make smooth pesto.