Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
I have made this once on a very special occasion, it finishes with a "Moka Creme au beurre" and is heavenly! Or you can make your own filling/icing--if you'd like to try the Moka, let me know. This is in reply to a request. Originally from "French Cooking by Eileen Reece"
- Heat oven to 160 degrees C (gas mark 3).
- Set a "bain-marie" of warm water over a low heat so that the water does not boil.
- Break the eggs into a bowl, add the sugar and place in the bain-marie.
- Beat with a wire whisk until double in volume and warm to the touch.
- Remove from the bain-marie and beat until cold.
- Beat in the sifted flour and when smooth pour into the buttered pan.
- Place in oven and bake for 18 to 20 minutes before opening the oven door.
- Test with a pointed knife blade which should come out clean.
- Remove from the pan and cool on a wire rack.
Hi!! Sounds nice, please do post the recipe for the Moka, thanks!