I have made this once on a very special occasion, it finishes with a "Moka Creme au beurre" and is heavenly! Or you can make your own filling/icing--if you'd like to try the Moka, let me know. This is in reply to a request. Originally from "French Cooking by Eileen Reece"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 160 degrees C (gas mark 3).
- 2Set a "bain-marie" of warm water over a low heat so that the water does not boil.
- 3Break the eggs into a bowl, add the sugar and place in the bain-marie.
- 4Beat with a wire whisk until double in volume and warm to the touch.
- 5Remove from the bain-marie and beat until cold.
- 6Beat in the sifted flour and when smooth pour into the buttered pan.
- 7Place in oven and bake for 18 to 20 minutes before opening the oven door.
- 8Test with a pointed knife blade which should come out clean.
- 9Remove from the pan and cool on a wire rack.
Nutritional Facts for Genoise
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 343.9
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 129.1 mg
- Sodium 55.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 38.1 g
- Protein 7.6 g