Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
A tangy salad containing tuna, potatoes and green beans. I generally increase the vinegar a little to taste. I've never done so, but you could probably use canned potatoes for this. Preparation time does not include time to cook the vegetables. Cooking time is actually chilling time.
- 1 (7 ounce) can tuna in vegetable oil, drained and oil reserved
- 1 cup cooked sliced potato
- 1 cup cooked cut green beans
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- Combine the tuna through the celery.
- Combine the tuna oil with the olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper; stir into the mayonnaise.
- Combine the dressing with the tuna mixture.
- Chill at least 30 minutes.
This was different I have never had tuna salad with potatoes, I made some amount adjustments and used seasoned salt, I also added in some fresh lemon juice, thanks echo!...Kitten:)
Excellent and different tuna salad. Loved the flavor from the vinegar and olive oil added to the mayonnaise. Instead of slicing the potatoes, I diced them into small chunks. Used fresh green beans and green onions. Loved it - a definite do again recipe. Thanks for sharing it!
I am with evelyn, this only made 2 servings. It was so easy to put together and made a nice dinner for me with leftovers for lunch tomorrow. I used a medium red skinned potato which I boiled until fork tender and so canned green beans. I added additional onion, because I love onion. The salad was served on top of fresh spinach leaves with toasted sourdough bread.