1/1 Photo of Genesee Valley Apple Crumb Pie (Ny State)
1 hr 10 mins
Upstate NY is known for its many varieties of apples. NY State cooks create wonderful meals with the local apples including this pie from The Finger Lake region. From "Applehood and Motherpie" (Jr League of Rochester, NY). My favorite apples to use are Northern Spies but any firm baking apple will be a delight!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 3In a medium mixing bowl, cream shortening with 1 teaspoon salt.
- 4Mix in boiling water; stir in flour.
- 5Press crust into a 9 or 10 inch pie plate.
- 7Pare, core and slice the apples; place in prepared pie crust.
- 8Combine 1/2 cup sugar with 1 teaspoon cinnamon and a pinch of salt.
- 9Sprinkle sugar mixture over apple slices.
- 10Crumb Topping:.
- 11In a mixing bowl, cut 1/2 cup sugar and 3/4 cup flour into 1/3 cup butter until it forms pea-sized crumbs.
- 12Spoon mixture over the apples.
- 13Bake pie at 450F for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperaure to 350F and continue to bake for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Genesee Valley Apple Crumb Pie (Ny State)
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 702.4
- Calories from Fat 304
- Total Fat 33.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 27.0 mg
- Sodium 489.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 98.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 55.4 g
- Protein 5.5 g