Recipe by Julesong
My friend Gene here in the Puget Sound (who also happens to be my ex) made a wonderfully delicious King salmon recently, and I pried this rub recipe out of him. ;) All the amounts are approximate... he adds necessary amounts by aroma.
Top Review by Davidryanree
I have a very similar recipe with excellent results. Use... 1 TBL brown sugar 1/2 TBL kosher salt 1/2 TBL pepper 1/2 TBL smoked paprika 1/2 TBL Dried Thyme Slowly add just enough olive oil to moisten mixture. Add mix to meat side of salmon fillet. Grill on skin side for 5 minutes. Grill on seasoned side for 4 minutes.
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sweet Hungarian paprika, to taste
- 1 tablespoon regular paprika, to taste
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (1 tsp if not freshly ground)
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon crushed dried thyme, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Use as a rub on your approx 12-lb prepared salmon half.
- Note: Gene rubbed the salmon with the above and baked it with a drizzle of olive oil in one of those handy baking-bags and it was moist and delicious!
- Note 2: he mentioned that he used "regular" paprika because he was out of smoked paprika - I would've used sweet Hungarian and smoked Spanish, myself.