Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from General's Smokehouse, Ootlewah, Tennesee.
Smokehouse Hot Sauce
- 1 gallon hot sauce (recommend Texas Pete's or Frank's Red Hot)
- 10 ounces Tabasco sauce
- 3 cups black pepper
- 1 medium head cabbage (green)
- 1 medium head cabbage (purple)
- 1 large carrot
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup hot sauce (Smokehouse)
- Divide the gallon of hot sauce in half into two containers. To each half, add 5 oz Tabasco and 1 1/2 cups black pepper. Shake well.
- Finely shred cabbage and carrot and mix well.
- Place mixture into a bowl and blend in the mayonnaise. Blend in the remaining ingredients.
- Chill overnight.