1/1 Photo of General Tso's Spicy Chicken
Chef Gorete's Note:
Enjoy a popular Chinese takeout meal at home. You can increase the pepper flakes if you like your food extra spicy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bunch broccoli floret, blanched
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1Prepare rice as per instructions on the package and blanch the broccoli by boiling it for 1 - 2 minutes then shocking it in ice water, drain and set aside.
- 2In a large bowl, combine 1 tablespoon of constarch and water until smooth. Add the garlic, ginger, honey, soy sauce, and red pepper flakes, then set aside.
- 3In a separate bowl, mix 3 tablespoons of constarch, salt and pepper together. Add the chicken and toss until coated.
- 4Heat a large nonstick skillet with olive oil. Cook the chicken in batches until golden, 4 - 6 minutes or until almost done.
- 5Return the broccoli florets to the pan with the chicken. Add the sauce mixture and cook until the sauce has thickened, mixture is hot and chicken is fully cooked.
- 6Serve over the rice, and garnish with the scallions greens.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for General Tso's Spicy Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 660.4
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 894.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 36.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: