- 4 boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bunch broccoli floret, blanched
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 cups white rice
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare rice as per instructions on the package and blanch the broccoli by boiling it for 1 - 2 minutes then shocking it in ice water, drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine 1 tablespoon of constarch and water until smooth. Add the garlic, ginger, honey, soy sauce, and red pepper flakes, then set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix 3 tablespoons of constarch, salt and pepper together. Add the chicken and toss until coated.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet with olive oil. Cook the chicken in batches until golden, 4 - 6 minutes or until almost done.
- Return the broccoli florets to the pan with the chicken. Add the sauce mixture and cook until the sauce has thickened, mixture is hot and chicken is fully cooked.
- Serve over the rice, and garnish with the scallions greens.