Recipe by Geo315
A little work but worth it. I use my wok but a frying pan could also be used.
Top Review by MichQT
We really love this recipe! However, I do cheat just a little bit...I purchase Perdue Popcorn Chicken (frozen) bake it, make the sauce & add together at the end. Great for weeknights when time is a factor.
- 1 lb chicken breast, skinned and cut into 1 inch squares
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1⁄4 cup white distilled vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 green onions, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons water, mix with the cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup julienned carrot, steamed
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked white rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Dredge the chicken in the flour and fry in the olive oil till golden brown.
- Combine all of the rest of the ingredients (except the cornstarch and water, cayenne pepper, carrots and green onions.) in a sauce pan and heat gently over medium heat.
- Remove the chicken from the wok and now add the cayenne pepper to the juicy mixture in the wok.
- stir fry it in without burning it.
- Now add the sauce to the wok and stir it in until all of the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the cornstarch and water and stir till thickened.
- Add the chicken with the green onions and stir in gently till coated.
- Remove and serve over rice and steamed julienned carrots.