Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found this recipe on the net. Let me know what you think cause it looks yummy in pictures.
- 1 lb chicken thigh, boned and cubed
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 5 dried chili pods
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons rice wine
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- chili paste (optional)
- cooking oil
- sesame seeds (to sprinkle)
- Mix 1/2 cup cornstarch and eggs in a bowl.
- Coat chicken pieces in cornstarch mixture.
- Fry the chicken until golden brown.
- Drain pieces of chicken on paper towel.
- To make a sauce: Combine the 2 teaspoons cornstarch, rice vinegar, rice wine, sugar and soy sauce in a separate bowl. Add chili paste if desired for some heat.
- Preheat wok with oil to low heat.
- Add dried chili pods and cook until they release their aroma.
- Turn heat to high and add cooked chicken pieces and allow them to crisp up. Be careful not to burn the chili pods, if they start to burn then remove them.
- Add the sauce mixture to the chicken pieces and cook until sauce is thick and bubbly.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds when finished cooking.
- Serve with hot white rice.