1/2 Photos of General Tsao's Tofu(Vegan)
Adapted from a General Tso’s Chicken recipe in Men’s Health Magazine and posted on the Vegan Kitchen. The baked tofu is a great vehicle for the spicy-sweet sauce. Serve it over brown rice and tons of bright green steamed broccoli. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces extra firm tofu, pressed and cubed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (or pressed)
- 2 inches grated ginger
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon tamari soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, mixed with
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 cups steamed broccoli florets
- 1Preheat the oven to 400º.
- 2Toss tofu cubes with 1 tbsp corn starch and place on a greased baking sheet. Bake 20-25 minutes, or until slightly brown.
- 3While the tofu bakes, cook garlic and ginger in a medium saucepan for about two minutes. Add water, vegetable oil, hoisin, rice vinegar, brown sugar and sriracha and cook for about 3 minutes. Add corn starch and water mixture slowly, stirring constantly, until sauce reaches desired consistency.
- 4Toss baked tofu with sauce.
- 5Serve over brown rice or quinoa with piles of freshly steamed broccoli. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for General Tsao's Tofu(Vegan)
Serving Size: 1 (400 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 285.0
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.2 mg
- Sodium 695.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 19.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: