Prep 8 mins
Cook 15 mins
My daughter asked for General Tso's chicken. I threw this together for her and we all liked it. It is prepared slightly differently from the regular version; as you don't need to bread and deep fry the chicken first. Also, you can use the pre-cut chicken strips from the grocery store to save time and the mess. If you don't have pure stevia powder, you can use sugar to taste instead.(Note, if your stevia has added starch,like maltodextrin, you will need to use more.) This will just slightly change the nutritional calculations. Hope you enjoy and happy cooking!
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pure stevia powder, to sweeten
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup almond oil (or Sesame Oil)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken, cut into strips
- 1⁄2 large onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 large banana pepper, seeds removed and diced
- Mix together soy sauce, corn starch, stevia, garlic, and water in small container, and set aside.
- Heat oil in large pan over medium high heat.
- Add chicken and stir fry till thoroughly cooked.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add onion and banana pepper, and continue to cook, stirring often.
- When onion is translucent add the liquid mixture.
- Cook 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and serve with Chinese Noodles or your favorite vegetables.