My daughter asked for General Tso's chicken. I threw this together for her and we all liked it. It is prepared slightly differently from the regular version; as you don't need to bread and deep fry the chicken first. Also, you can use the pre-cut chicken strips from the grocery store to save time and the mess. If you don't have pure stevia powder, you can use sugar to taste instead.(Note, if your stevia has added starch,like maltodextrin, you will need to use more.) This will just slightly change the nutritional calculations. Hope you enjoy and happy cooking!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix together soy sauce, corn starch, stevia, garlic, and water in small container, and set aside.
- 2Heat oil in large pan over medium high heat.
- 3Add chicken and stir fry till thoroughly cooked.
- 4Reduce heat to medium.
- 5Add onion and banana pepper, and continue to cook, stirring often.
- 6When onion is translucent add the liquid mixture.
- 7Cook 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 8Remove from heat and serve with Chinese Noodles or your favorite vegetables.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for General Mary’s Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (337 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 525.3
- Calories from Fat 351
- Total Fat 39.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 103.5 mg
- Sodium 1441.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 29.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: