Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Food & Wine Magazine/ June 07. An easy delicious dish.
- 1 lb gemelli pasta or 1 lb fusilli
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon brined green peppercorn, drained
- 1⁄3 cup brandy
- 1 cup bottled clam juice
- 2 plum tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 lb shelled and deveined medium shrimp
- 3 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the gemelli until al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a large, deep skillet, melt the butter.
- Add the garlic, shallot and peppercorns and cook over moderately high heat until golden, about 2 minutes.
- Add the brandy and use a long match to ignite it.
- When the flames die down, add the clam juice and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer for 1 minute.
- Add the shrimp, season with salt and cook over moderate heat, stirring a few times, until the shrimp are just white throughout, about 2 minutes.
- Drain the gemelli, add it to the shrimp and peppercorn sauce and toss well.
- Stir in the parsley and olive oil and season with salt.
- Spoon the pasta into bowls and serve.
- A high-acid, savory vermentino, a loaf of warm bread slathered with butter, and a salad of baby greens.