Recipe by Oolala
You know Michael Gellman, producer, from Regis! Note: This calls for 1 night of marination.
- 5 -6 lbs beef brisket
- vegetable oil, for a paste rub
- salt and pepper
- garlic, finely chopped, to taste
- 2 -3 onions, sliced
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup wine (Passover fruit wine)
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, stir together the oil, salt, pepper, garlic and paprika to form a paste.
- Rub the meat all over with the rub mixture.
- Cover the brisket and let it stand over night in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. and arrange half of the sliced onions in the bottom of a roasting pan.
- Place the meat on top of the onions, fat side up.
- Ina medium bowl, stir together the orange juice, wine, ketchup and sugar and pour over the meat.
- Cover with the rest of the onions and cover roasting pan.
- Bake 3-4 hours until meat is tender.
- Let the meat stand for 30 minutes before carving.