4 hrs 10 mins
You know Michael Gellman, producer, from Regis! Note: This calls for 1 night of marination.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small bowl, stir together the oil, salt, pepper, garlic and paprika to form a paste.
- 2Rub the meat all over with the rub mixture.
- 3Cover the brisket and let it stand over night in the refrigerator.
- 4Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. and arrange half of the sliced onions in the bottom of a roasting pan.
- 5Place the meat on top of the onions, fat side up.
- 6Ina medium bowl, stir together the orange juice, wine, ketchup and sugar and pour over the meat.
- 7Cover with the rest of the onions and cover roasting pan.
- 8Bake 3-4 hours until meat is tender.
- 9Let the meat stand for 30 minutes before carving.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gellman's Mother's Brisket
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 962.1
- Calories from Fat 678
- Total Fat 75.4 g
- Saturated Fat 30.3 g
- Cholesterol 206.9 mg
- Sodium 267.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 48.8 g