Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Lovely with berries and lightly sweetened whipped cream or your preferred glaze. From the Michigan Dutch chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947. Cooling time not included in preparation time.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add egg yolks and cold water to the sugar; beat for ten minutes.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Add to batter along with the boiling water.
- Beat the eight egg whites to stiff peaks and fold into batter.
- Pour into a 9" tube pan and bake for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Invert pan onto a rack to cool.
Loved it ! I had to bake mine in a toaster oven since my oven is broken and it was still great . Thanks !