Recipe by Maïté G.
The Flying Dutchess' ice cream for ZWT 4. This is divine and a duchess' worthy. Just try it and indulge!
Top Review by French Tart
For me this was spot on...........I am not a lover of overly sweet desserts, so this had all that I needed....fruit, nuts and cream as well as delicious mascarpone. The cocount also added natural sweetness to the sauce, which enhanced the gelato. I used my ice cream maker and it worked perfectly! I MIGHT omit the cranberries next time, as I think that this was just perfect with the nuts and orange! Made for ZWT4 - merci Maito! FT:-)
- 250 g mascarpone
- 200 ml cream
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup pistachios, chopped
- 1 orange, zest of
- 100 ml cream
- 100 g white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut, grated
- 4 -6 ice cream wafers
Directions See How It's Made
- Whip 200 ml of cream.
- Stir together the mascarpone and the milk. Add the cocoa and the orange zest.
- Carefully mix in the cream.
- Put this mixture in the icecream maker. And let turn 5-10 minutes.
- Add the cranberries and the pistachios to the mixture in the icecream maker.
- Let turn until done. Pour in a container and freeze for a few more hours.
- At serving time, make the sauce.
- Pour the cream and the chocolate chips in a glass bowl and melt over a hot water bath. When you have a smooth sauce add the grated coconut.
- Put 2-3 scoops of icecream in a beautiful bowl, pour some hot sauce over and decorate with an ice cream wafer.
- You can add some fresh fruit if you like.