Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I bought a bunch of jello on sale and didn't know what to do with it. I discovered Favorite Recipes Jello Brand Fun and Fabulous Recipes, and oila! I used orange gelatin, but you can use whatever flavor you want. I also substituted blueberries for the crushed pineapple (I didn't have any). Next time I'd like to try this with real whipped cream. I used sour cream (I didn't try it with non-dairy whipped topping). Very tasty stuff and simple to make. Cook time excludes chill time.
- 4 ounces gelatin, any flavor
- 3⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- ice cube
- 1 cup non-dairy whipped topping or 1 cup sour cream
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple, drained
- 11 ounces mandarin orange sections, drained
- 1 cup miniature marshmallow
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts or 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- Complete dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
- Combine cold water and ice cubes to make 1 1/4 cups.
- Add to gelatin, stirring until slightly thickened.
- Remove any unmelted ice.
- Add whipped topping, blending until smooth.
- Stir in pineapple, mandarin oranges, marshmallows, and nuts.
- Pour into serving bowl or individual dessert dishes.
- Chill until set, about 2 hours.
- Garnish with additional fruits and mint leaves, if desired.