Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
A creepy treat for Halloween! Cook time allows time for gelatin to set.
- 1 (3 ounce) packageflavored gelatin, red in color
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 lb red seedless grapes or 1⁄2 lb green seedless grape
- Prepare gelatin mix with only 1 cup boiling water (or fruit juice can be substituted).
- Omit additional water called for on package.
- Pour gelatin into ice cube trays.
- Allow to set until the consistancy of egg whites.
- Insert 1/2 grape into each"cube" to make a pupil.
- Allow to set completely and remove from ice cube trays.
We liked this idea. You should spray your ice cube trays with cooking spray first so they don't get clobbered getting them out. It took 10 minutes to set enough to put the grapes in. I would just use red grapes next time, the green grapes were too big.
Nice look but by the time I got them out of the ice cube tray it looked like a hunk of jello with a pc of grape in it.
What a cool idea! I happen to have gelatin and green glaze cherries on hand, and I used those to prepare this. Very creepy! I will be serving this for my Halloween night tomorrow and I'm already excited imagining how the kids will react to this one! What I liked even more is the idea of being able to use fruit juice as a substitute for gelatin. That way many more people who are vegetarians will give this recipe a try! Thank you for sharing!