Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This refreshing dessert has a rich shortbread-like crust with a creamy center and pretty red gelatin top layer.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) carton whipped topping, thawed
- 2 (3 ounce) packages raspberry gelatin powder
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups cold water
- In a bowl, combine the flour, pecans and brown sugar; stir in butter. Press into an ungreased 13x9x2 inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350* for 10-13 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth; fold in whipped topping. Spread over crust. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a bowl, dissolve the gelatin in boiling water; stir in cold water. Spoon over the cream cheese layer. refrigerate until firm. Cut into squares.
This was really easy to make and fun to eat. My whole family loved it.