Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
A very rich Suriname dessert made from condensed milk and copious amounts of the South American liquere, Ponche Crema. Taken from islandflave.com and posted for ZWT7 Cooking time is chilling time
- 6 tablespoons gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 cups of ponche crema
- 3 (16 ounce) cans condensed milk
- 4 (16 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 2 (16 ounce) cans fruit cocktail, drained
- trifle cookie (optional)
- Put the gelatin in half a cup of warm water, stir until transparent.
- Mix the ponche crema together with the evaporated and condensed milk.
- Add the gelatin and stir the mixture.
- Combine the fruit cocktail, with the ponche crema mix.
- Grease a pyrex bowl with a little vegetable oil. Pour the mixture into the greased pyrex. Arrange the cookies on top.
- Put the bowl in the refrigerator for about 4 hours. Once the mixture thickens, slide a knife along the edges.
- Topple the cake on a pie plate and serve.