Recipe by grandma2969
these make great gifts..this cannot be used as a gel candle..once set, it does not need refrigeration...I cover the top with a lace doily fastened with a rubber band or a ribbon..
Top Review by AmyMCGS
I have made these for years with good results. I wanted to add a note, though-- sometimes these will develope mold after being stored. Adding salt to the potpourri cuts down on this problem. Enjoy!
- 1 cup liquid potpourri
- 2 (1/4 ounce) envelopes unflavored gelatin
Directions See How It's Made
- place liquid potpourri (simmering potpourri) in a small saucepan.
- heat to a simmer.
- turn off heat.sprinkle gelatin into pan.
- blend thoroughly with a whisk.
- pour into a regular half pint canning jar.
- refrigerate for a quick set or leave at room temperature.it will set in a couple of hours.
- store with lid on.
- to use or give as a gift -- remove flat part of the lid and place a paper or lace doily over the top.secure with metal band, rubber band or ribbon --
- YOU CAN USE GEL ALONE OR LAYER SEASHELLS, PRETTY PEBBLES, MARBLES ETC IN JAR BEFORE POURING IN GEL.