1/5 Photos of Gel Air Fresheners
Very classy-looking, fairly inexpensive homemade gifts. Time does not include cooling/setting time in fridge.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups liquid potpourri
- 4 (1/4 ounce) packages knox gelatin
- paste food coloring (optional)
- 1Heat 1 cup of the liquid potpourri almost to a boil (Note: the concentrated type retains its smell more effectively).
- 2Stir in 1 package of the gelatin at a time, completely mixing after each addition.
- 3When all packets have been stirred in, add the 2nd cup of liquid potpourri.
- 4Pour into decorative containers, cover, and put in the fridge until set.
- 5WARNING: Your fridge will smell like the potpourri, so make sure there are no foods in the fridge that will be adversely affected.
- 6These can be put in small baby food jars that you decorate, or you can put it in new, small 1/2 pint decorative jelly jars.
- 7Put a piece of eyelet lace (or comparable breathable fabric) on the top and screw down the ring; if giving as a gift, I would put the canning lid on, then the lace and ring.
- 8These can be decorated as you like, and complementary paste food coloring added to intensify the color; for example: blue for blueberry muffin, red for cinnamon spice.
Browse Our Top Non-Food Products Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Non-Food Products Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gel Air Fresheners
Serving Size: 1 (7 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 23.4
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 13.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 5.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: