Recipe by Happy Harry #2
This recipe comes from Elek Magyar's Kochbuch Fur Feinschmecker. I had a bunch of egg yolks left over and decide to find a recipe that used just one or two. This was it. The only thing I changed was the cheese as all I had was a lesser Swiss cheese.
- 4 potatoes, large and peeled (I used baking type)
- 8 tablespoons butter, divided (room temp)
- 3⁄4 cup gruyere cheese, grated, divided
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- salt & pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Trim off the ends of the potatoes, keeping four of the end pieces for lids. Hollow out each potato and stand upright.
- Grate the scooped-out potato, season it with salt and pepper, and mix it with 4 tbls of the soften butter, 1/4 cup cheese, egg yolk and the sour cream.
- Fill the potatoes with this mixture and cover with the potato lids.
- Stand the potatoes in an ovenproof dish. Melt the remaining butter and pour over the potatoes.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour., basting from time to time.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese before serving.