GeflÜgelragout(Roast Chicken Stew)
- Melt the butter in a heavy-bottomed non-reactive saucepan. Add the chopped onions and cook until translucent.
- Add the flour, and cook until the roux is golden brown. Pour in the beef stock and port. Add lemon slices, bay leaves, salt and pepper.
- Allow the sauce to cook for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, then pour through a fine strainer, test for seasoning, and add vinegar and salt or pepper to taste.
- Add the chicken pieces and heat over a low flame.
- Serve with rice, noodles, biscuits, or rustic bread.