Recipe by mosma
This is my favorite way to make gefilte fish! It comes out delicious and looks beautiful. I buy the frozen pre-made loaves, but I know there are recipes on recipezaar to make them from scratch if you prefer.
- 1 loaf frozen gefilte fish
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into strips
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 onion, cut into strips
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- garlic powder (to taste)
- black pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Defrost gefilte fish loaf just enough so you are able to unwrap it. Unwrap and place in 9 x 13 pan.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Heat oil in skillet. Fry onion until soft and then add peppers and continuing frying until everything is tender.
- Add ketchup, garlic powder and black pepper.
- Stir well.
- Pour pepper mixture over gefilte fish loaf. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Serve warm or cold!