Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A local appetizer to snack on with your beer while watching the game at the bar.
Make and share this Geera Pork recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb lean boneless pork (cubed)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons chives, minced
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons culantro, minced (or cilantro)
- 2 teaspoons pimento pepper, minced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon scotch bonnet peppers, minced or 1 teaspoon habanero pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin (geera)
- Marinate pork in salt, chive, thyme, black pepper, garlic, culantro, and pimento pepper for four hours or overnight.
- Heat oil.
- Mix garam massala with 1/4 cup water, add this to hot oil and cook for about 3 minutes until thick and most of the water has evaporated.
- Add pork and stir until coated with massala.
- Add water until pork is just covered. Bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover and simmer for 20 -35 minutes or until almost cooked.
- Add minced scotch bonnet pepper and ground cumin.
- Stir thoroughly and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes until tender.
- If while cooking it gets too dry, add about 1/2 cup water to prevent burning.
- When it is done the water should have reduced to a somewhat thick gravy.