Top Review by rpmazur
Delicious! My rice required a little bit more water but otherwise I followed the recipe to a t. Served with African peanut and ginger chicken (recipe nr 249625). Thanks for posting it.
- 4 cups water or 4 cups stock
- 2 1⁄2 cups long-grain rice
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 -2 tablespoon sugar, white or brown
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (sultanas are best)
- butter (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the water or stock to a large saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Add the remaining ingredients and return to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover tightly and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside, covered, for another 5-10 minutes. Discard cinnamon stick, fluff with a fork and serve hot.
- Optional, Stir 1-2 tablespoons of butter into the cooked rice at the end.