Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My mom used to work at a department store that served these at their snack bar. Although that was years ago, my family still loves these sandwiches...great for lunch or a quick dinner with a bowl of soup.
- 1 lb sliced cooked or chipped ham (from deli)
- 6 slices American cheese
- 6 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 3 tablespoons ketchup (approximate)
- 6 hamburger buns
- In skillet over medium heat, fry ham until lightly browned.
- Separate ham into 6 mounds and lower heat.
- Put one slice of cheese on each mound, cover and turn off heat.
- Place each mound onto hamburger bun, top with relish, then ketchup, sprinkle of black pepper, and serve.
Yummy sandwich! I made a half recipe of this for DH and me, with one left over for his lunch the next day. DH had ketchup on his; I had mustard on mine. I also toasted the buns.
I cut the recipe in half and made these for lunch for me and the kids. A very tasty, warm sandwich! I added a little chopped onion to the hot skillet w/ the ham. The kids enjoyed them.....probably because they taste similar to a hot dog! Thanx for sharing this!
I baked a whole ham day before yesterday,and of coarse I had lots left over. So I made These for our lunch yesterday,they made a Great sandwich,different but very good tasting. Thanks for a good recipe, Darlene Summers