Recipe by Manda
My mom used to work at a department store that served these at their snack bar. Although that was years ago, my family still loves these sandwiches...great for lunch or a quick dinner with a bowl of soup.
Top Review by Ginny Sue
Yummy sandwich! I made a half recipe of this for DH and me, with one left over for his lunch the next day. DH had ketchup on his; I had mustard on mine. I also toasted the buns.
- 1 lb sliced cooked or chipped ham (from deli)
- 6 slices American cheese
- 6 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 3 tablespoons ketchup (approximate)
- 6 hamburger buns
Directions See How It's Made
- In skillet over medium heat, fry ham until lightly browned.
- Separate ham into 6 mounds and lower heat.
- Put one slice of cheese on each mound, cover and turn off heat.
- Place each mound onto hamburger bun, top with relish, then ketchup, sprinkle of black pepper, and serve.