Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a more heavy helping of hot dogs. They are a delicious twist on an American treat.My grandmother always made these for my Mother and now I am giving out the recipe so everyone can enjoy this easy dinner.
- 8 beef hot dogs
- 4 large potatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup half-and-half
- 1 beaten egg
- 1⁄2 cup shedded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese
- Boil water and add hot dogs.(Don't leave hot dogs in boiling water too long or they will change shape and this will not be possible.).
- While the water is coming to a boil for the hot dogs you now have time to peel the potatoes and start boiling the water for them as well.
- When the water comes to a boil for the potatoes, add them and every once in a while poke them with a fork to see if the fork slides in easy, if it does this is good, if not they have a little while longer to boil.
- Drain the potatoes when the fork slides in easily.Then in the same pan they were boiled in, mix in the egg, the milk, the half and half, and butter with the potatoes and mash the potatoes.
- Put all 8 hot dogs in a big brownie pan.
- With a knife slice right down the middle of the cooked hot dog, and fill with mashed potatoes. Then cover with as much cheese as you prefer (I prefer more;) and bake for about 15 mins or until cheese melts on 350 degress.
- I suggest 2 per serving because I think that this is a pretty heavy meal and would taste good with a pretty light side dish like veggies or a salad.