Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is from week 17 of my food blog, Travel by Stove. I am attempting to cook one meal from every nation on Earth, and Austria is my 17th stop. This side dish is a delicious and simple way to eat Brussels sprouts.
For the sprouts
- 1 lb Brussels sprout
- 1 cup lean cooked ham
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom
For the sauce
- 2 egg yolks
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Boil the sprouts for 15 or 20 minutes or until soft, then drain them and put half of them in the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Add a layer of half the diced ham, then half the mushrooms.
- Repeat until you've used up all the first three ingredients.
- In a small bowl, beat together the egg, cream and 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese. Pour the mixture over the casserole and sprinkle with the remaining two tablespoons of grated cheese.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 10 to 15 minutes.