Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This soups is nice and refreshing on hot summer days. It does have a nice kick without being to overpowering
- 3 1⁄2 cups tomato juice
- 8 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 English cucumber, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons jalapeno peppers, minced
- 2 garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (optional)
- Combiner 1 cup tomato juice, half of tomatoes, half of cucumbber and half of pepper in blender. Puree until smooth.
- Pour into large bowl. Stir in remaining tomatoes, cucumer and pepper, add onion, cilantro, parsley, lemon juice, green onion, jalapeno, garlic and chili powder.
- Transfer 1 cup mixture to blender. Add 2-1/2 cups tomato juice to blender and puree.
- Pour back into large bowl and stir to combine. Thin with additional tomato juice, if needed. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and chill 2 hours.