Recipe by Manami
FettuccineTender shrimp and al dente fettucini tossed with a gazpacho inspired sauce is the perfect fusion of bold flavors and visual excitement. For a change of pace serve with warm tortillas instead of bread. I found this on the Buitoni web site. Delicious! I was only able to try it w/out the chiles but the smell with the chiles was fantastic! Oh how I wish I could eat spicy!!!
- 9 ounces buitoni refrigerated fresh fettuccine, prepared according to package directions
- 1 lb cooked peeled and deveined large shrimp (or jumbo)
- 32 ounces chunky salsa (2 jars)
- 4 ounces diced green chilies (1 can)
- 1⁄2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 1⁄3 cup sliced green onion (both green & white parts)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (not the bottled kind)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup peeled seeded and diced cucumber (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine salsa, chiles, bell peppers, green onions and lime juice in medium skillet.
- Bring to a gentle boil; add shrimp.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp are heated through.
- Add cilantro.
- Toss pasta with salsa and shrimp mixture.
- Season with salt and ground black pepper.
- Garnish with cucumbers.
- *A soft, fruity clean wine with crisp lemon flavors, to drink. Delicious!