Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Love roasted red peppers and salsa so this will be a big hit. Canned whole tomatoes can be substituted if fresh ripe tomatoes aren't available. Also white wine or red wine vinegar can be substituted for the sherry vinegar. Found on MyRecipes.com and originated from Cottage Livings magazine.
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 large tomatoes, ripe chopped
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper, jarred chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- In a medium bowl combine all the ingredients.
- Cover mixture and refrigerate until chilled.
I found the celery to be quite assertive, but in a good way. I paired it with flounder.
A wonderful combination of flavor and color. I served this with grilled salmon. Thanks for sharing
Lovely - we loved this - the cucumber really adds a different flavour to this salsa - and makes it fresh. I used fresh peppers as well as roasted peppers as we like the texture of fresh peppers. The tangy dressing is the icing on the cake with this recipe - such an amazing fusion of flavours. Great recipe - thanks for posting! FT:-)