Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Pampered Chef. With only 7 ingredients, plus salt and pepper, this simple salad is great served with a nice crusty bread. Because it contains no mayonnaise, this salad also travels well for picnics or barbecues.
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 1⁄2 medium green bell peppers, diced
- 1 medium cucumber, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Combine tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers and onion in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk garlic, olive oil and vinegar until blended.
- Pour dressing over vegetables, toss lightly and season with salt and pepper.
Nice, simple and light salad. Similar to some that I make from time to time. Might be nice to add some herbs, such as chopped fresh parsley or other for a bit more flavor, if desired.
A refreshing change from lettuce salads! Plenty of satisfying crunch with heat from the onions and zing from the garlic. I served this with Broiled Salmon With Herb Mustard Glaze.