Recipe by Hey Jude
Posted for a request for recipes containing gelatin. I haven't tried this, found it in a Pillsbury cookbook.
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 tablespoon vinegar or 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; stir over low heat until gelatin is dissolved; remove from heat.
- Add salt, tomato soup, vinegar and Tabasco sauce; blend well and chill until slightly thickened but not set, about 45 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; pour into an oiled 3-cup mold or individual molds.
- Chill until firm; unmold to serve.