Recipe by carrie sheridan
a great recipe for a refreshing cold soup that is a summer standard...from one of the great bistros to go out of your way for...
- 3 cucumbers, peeled and seeded
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely diced red onions
- 1 (16 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried fine herb
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon spitiko olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs or 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 (46 ounce) canof sacramento tomato juice
- 4 scallions, including green tops, finely chopped
- 60 corn chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely chop all vegetables and add to a big bowl with the chopped tomatoes.
- Add all seasonings, including the lemon juice. Mix well.
- Let stand in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Add the bread crumbs and mix thoroughly. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Add chilled tomato juice and stir.
- Serve with chopped scallions and corn chips on the side.
- [This can be pureed in a blender or a food processor -- if you choose to do this, the vegetables needn't be finely chopped].