Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Unsure just how "authentic" this recipe is but I know we love the taste. It's a good way to use some of the extra tomatoes and cucumbers during the summer. It seems very low calorie and no real fat, but it is rather spicy. Great cool soup for those hot months. Cooking time listed is for chill time.
- 2 whole ripe tomatoes
- 1 medium green bell pepper
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 1 bunch green onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley (more if you like)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 10 ounces tomato juice (I use V-8)
- 2 cups canned beef bouillon
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Finely chop and combine tomatoes, green pepper, green onion, parsley, and garlic. (I cheat and put the above in food processor).Put into large bowl.
- Cut cucumber into small pieces and add to the above mixture. (sometimes I remove the seeds, sometimes I don't).
- Add remaining ingredients, stir to blend well.
- Chill for at least 6 hours.
- Garnish with croutons, avocado slices, cucumbers, black olives, or whatever your little heart desires. I like mine with extra cucumber and croutons.
- I'm guessing that it would still be good with less green onions and lower sodium tomato juice if you don't like real spicy food or are watching your sodium intake.