Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Saw this recipe on the Jamie Deen Show. We were having a Mexican/Spanish dinner and I thought I would make it. It turned out great. It tasted very similar to the Gazpacho we had in Spain years ago.It was very good and everyone liked it. I am counting chill time as cook time.
- 2 lbs tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 English cucumber, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 medium shallot, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- Add tomatoes, cucumbers, garlic, bell pepper and shallot to a large bowl
- toss together with a big pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add to blender and blend until smooth (you may have to do this in batches) I left mine with very small pieces of vegetables).
- Then drizzle in the olive oil and vinegar with the blender running.
- Place back in the bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour for flavors to develop and soup to chill.
- Ladle soup into bowls and drizzle with olive oil to serve.