1/2 Photos of Gazpacho from Jamie Deen
1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Jane from Ohio's Note:
Saw this recipe on the Jamie Deen Show. We were having a Mexican/Spanish dinner and I thought I would make it. It turned out great. It tasted very similar to the Gazpacho we had in Spain years ago.It was very good and everyone liked it. I am counting chill time as cook time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 English cucumber, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 medium shallot, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 1Add tomatoes, cucumbers, garlic, bell pepper and shallot to a large bowl
- 2toss together with a big pinch of salt and pepper.
- 3Add to blender and blend until smooth (you may have to do this in batches) I left mine with very small pieces of vegetables).
- 4Then drizzle in the olive oil and vinegar with the blender running.
- 5Place back in the bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour for flavors to develop and soup to chill.
- 6Ladle soup into bowls and drizzle with olive oil to serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gazpacho from Jamie Deen
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.4
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 34.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar