Recipe by Sydney Mike
I'm not a gazpacho lover, but I found this recipe years ago to make for an Italian friend of mine. It seemed to pass his taste buds, so... Preparation time does not include the time it takes to chill.
Top Review by evelyn/athens
I scaled this down to 2 servings and very much enjoyed it at lunch today. Besides the no-guilt factor (very important with all this cooking during the Tour!), it was so delicious that you forgot it was actually good for you! A definite make-again for us during the summer.
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 3 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded, diced
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cilantro
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, sliced lengthwise
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender, combine tomato juice, olive oil, lemon juice and diced cucumber; blend well.
- In a large bowl, mix the tomatoes, onions, bell pepper and celery; divide in half.
- Put half of this vegetable mixture in the blender with the tomato juice mixture and blend well.
- Add this blended mixture to the large bowl of vegetable mixture and mix well.
- To this mixture add the vinegar, Tabasco sauce, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, dill weed, pepper, parsley and cilantro; mix well.
- Cover & chill before serving.
- Garnish each bowl with a slice of cucumber.