1/7 Photos of Gazpacho for Joe
Sydney Mike's Note:
I'm not a gazpacho lover, but I found this recipe years ago to make for an Italian friend of mine. It seemed to pass his taste buds, so... Preparation time does not include the time it takes to chill.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 3 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded, diced
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cilantro
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, sliced lengthwise
- 1In a blender, combine tomato juice, olive oil, lemon juice and diced cucumber; blend well.
- 2In a large bowl, mix the tomatoes, onions, bell pepper and celery; divide in half.
- 3Put half of this vegetable mixture in the blender with the tomato juice mixture and blend well.
- 4Add this blended mixture to the large bowl of vegetable mixture and mix well.
- 5To this mixture add the vinegar, Tabasco sauce, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, dill weed, pepper, parsley and cilantro; mix well.
- 6Cover & chill before serving.
- 7Garnish each bowl with a slice of cucumber.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gazpacho for Joe
Serving Size: 1 (321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 119.7
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 236.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 2.5 g