Recipe by Outta Here
A cold melon soup, great for a light dessert. Cook time is refrigeration time. This can also be made in a large bowl with a hand blender. If you want it thinner, use a little white wine to thin. Recipe calls for a white Spanish melon, which the site doesn't recognize, but suggested substitution is a Crenshaw or Honeydew melon.
- 1⁄2 crenshaw melon (or honey dew)
- 1⁄2 cantaloupe
- 1 peach, peeled and pitted
- 1 tomatoes, peeled
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped (spearmint is best)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the melons and discard the seeds. Chop into 2 inch pieces and put in food processor.
- Coarsely chop the peach and the tomato and add to the food processor.
- Add the oil and mint. Puree the ingredients until smooth. Taste for sweetness and add some sugar, if needed.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with mint leaves, thin peach slices or melon slices, or strawberries, if desired.