Recipe by Derf
Great with BBQ on a hot summer afternoon. Liquid salad, packed with vitamins. (we have been known to add a little vodka zing! Nummmmy!!) from Canadian Living mag.
Top Review by MizzNezz
I made this like the recipe says, only I added more garlic, and I used fresh dill. I then cut up more tomatoes and cukes, diced some zucchini and celery, and served it as a soup. Served it well chilled. It was excellent!! Very good for the hot days of summer! Thanks, Dorothy!
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup coarsely chopped peeled English cucumber
- 1⁄4 cup chopped sweet green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar or 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- alfalfa sprout
Directions See How It's Made
- In food processor or blender, process tomatoes, cucumber, green pepper, onion and garlic until smooth.
- Stir in tomato juice, vinegar, dillweed,hot pepper sauce, and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until chilled.
- Pour into glasses, garnish with alfalfa sprouts.