Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Checked all the Gazpacho Salads posted here and didn't find one made like this. Love gazpacho in the summer time and this salad makes a full satisfying entree. The cook time is the chilling time.
- 1 lb cooked and chilled medium shrimp, minced
- 10 ounces chunky salsa
- 2 cups cooked rice (Alton Brown's Baked Brown Rice would be great!)
- 1 large cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1 medium size green pepper, diced
- 3⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 cooked and chilled large shrimp
- red leaf lettuce
- 8 tablespoons chili sauce
- Mix all ingredients, EXCEPT large shrimp, chili sauce and lettuce.
- Chill 2 hours.
- Line plates with lettuce leaves and divide shrimp and rice mixture among 4 plates.
- Garnish with 2 of the large shrimp each and drizzle with chili sauce.