Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a simple gazpacho made with chipotle peppers, a smoked chili pepper in a spicy tomato sauce. Though I add no salt the peppers have about 280 mg of sodium so the recipe is not salt free. Chipotle peppers also can be bought dried though I haven't tried them with this recipe.
- 6 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves roasted garlic
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, stems removed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- Place first six ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add water to thin to your preference, approximately 3/4 cup, blend well.
- While blender is running on low slowly add the oil.
- Chill before serving.
- Try a bit of sour cream and a sprinkle of chopped cilantro as garnish.