Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
The best summer soup ever.
- 4 cups tomato juice
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium bell pepper, minced
- 2 teaspoons honey (optional)
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled seeded and minced
- 2 scallions, minced
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped tarragon
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- cayenne, to taste
- 2 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot.
- Refrigerate til ready to serve.
Very good Gazpacho recipe, I processed most of the veggies in this recipe in a food processor, in stages, so as not to make the consistency too mushy. I also upped the amount of cumin to a generous teaspoon, and added a minced jalapeno pepper, zesty and delicious!
Oh my goodness - this is fabulous! I also processed most of the veggies (and kept out a small handful of each first - to add later). I didn't have red wine vinegar so I subbed 4 tablespoons of red wine vinagrette salad dressing and left out the olive oil. I used dried basil and dried tarragon but fresh parsley. I added a scant teaspoon of salt, 1/4 t of pepper and 1/8 t cayenne plus a few dashes of tabasco and it was seasoned beautifully. And best of all - hang on to your hats - I used CANNED tomatoes!! I know, I know....purist gazpacho chefs will hate me....but it was excellent! I used one 16 ounce can of peeled, diced tomatoes with juice. Delicious!
This is a wonderfully delightful gazpacho recipe. I only added my own personal preferences to complete this dish. First was my all-time favorite herb which is cilantro and secondly I garnished with some diced avocado. Superb! Delicioso!