Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 English cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup stale bread, cubed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon xeres vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- In blender, reduce all ingredients in a creamy and homogeneous puree. Add salt and pepper. Put in fridge 1 hour or all night. Adjust seasonings.
- Serve this soup cold in bowls or mugs. Sprinkle with a little bit of olive oil.
- If wanted, garnish with a small spoon of creme fraiche or plain yogurt.
- This gazpacho can be frozen.
- You can grill the veggies on the bbq. Let cool and peel the bell pepper. And then follow the directions --
- You can use red onion or green onion instead of the onion.
I love cold soups but haven't made or eaten gazpacho for years. Now I'm asking myself "why not?"!!. This was simple and really delicious and made for Tomato and Shrimp Pasta but in the future I'll make this just for its own sake as I loved it!