Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 English cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup stale bread, cubed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon xeres vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- In blender, reduce all ingredients in a creamy and homogeneous puree. Add salt and pepper. Put in fridge 1 hour or all night. Adjust seasonings.
- Serve this soup cold in bowls or mugs. Sprinkle with a little bit of olive oil.
- If wanted, garnish with a small spoon of creme fraiche or plain yogurt.
- This gazpacho can be frozen.
- You can grill the veggies on the bbq. Let cool and peel the bell pepper. And then follow the directions --
- You can use red onion or green onion instead of the onion.
I love cold soups but haven't made or eaten gazpacho for years. Now I'm asking myself "why not?"!!. This was simple and really delicious and made for Recipe #435850 but in the future I'll make this just for its own sake as I loved it!