Recipe by canarygirl
This is a refreshing summer treat!
Top Review by MizzNezz
Since I was home alone, I updated this to 2 servings and had it all to myself. The flavor in this is very good. I didn't have an anaheim pepper so used a small jalapeno. The finished soup is smooth, and the crunchy pieces on top made for a nice combination. I really enjoyed this! Had it with breadsticks and a glass of red wine.
- 2 lbs very ripe tomatoes, seeded
- 1 medium onion
- 1 anaheim pepper
- 1 small cucumber
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (about)
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar (about)
- 2 tablespoons toasted almonds
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs (about)
- water, about 2 cups
Directions See How It's Made
- Reserve one tomato, 1/4 of the onion, a small piece of the pepper and 1/4 of the cucumber for garnish.
- Chop finely and mix.
- Put all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Serve chilled, garnished with reserved vegetables, and croutons if desired.